Born in El Paso, Texas, Dax Deason is the founder and managing attorney of Deason Law, PC. Throughout his career, Mr. Deason has been dedicated to providing effective legal representation to U.S. companies, multinational corporations, investors, and individuals from all over the world. Mr. Deason’s primary practice area is devoted to corporate immigration and employment law, which typically involves helping companies to sponsor work visas for key foreign nationals, defending companies during government regulatory audits, litigating administrative lawsuits before various labor and immigration agencies, providing training to management and assisting investors to launch new enterprises.
He has also helped corporate clients to manage a high-volume of visa matters who operate in the information technology, outsourcing, food manufacturing, oil & gas, and life science industries. He also guides companies through the process of sponsoring permanent residency for professional employees, managers, skilled employees and foreign labor under the H-2A and H-2B visa programs. His Spanish fluency and familiarity with Latin American cultures provide an added benefit when representing clientele.
- One of only a few immigration attorneys nationwide who has successfully assisted growers, farm labor contractors, and other agricultural companies to sponsor foreign H-2A workers from Mexico, Chile and Peru to meet seasonal harvesting demands.
- Provides representation to employers during I-9 and other regulatory audits conducted by the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice.
- Litigated largest Consent Decree to date under the Seamen’s Protection Act on behalf of a whistleblower who was fired for reporting safety violations to the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Successfully presented I-601A waivers before the Department of Homeland Security to secure permanent residency on behalf of the spouses of U.S. citizen or permanent residents.
- Assist multinational companies to transfer E-2 and L-1 employees to the United States.
- Litigated various immigration court matters, including cases involving asylum, cancellation of removal, 212h waivers, and other cases on behalf of foreign nationals who are
placed intodeportation proceedings.
- Acted as co-counsel to defend
agriculturalcompany from EEOC lawsuit involving class claims of discrimination and retaliation.
- Licensed in Southern and Northern Districts Courts of Texas
- H-1B, TN, and L-1 International Transfers
- E-2 and EB-5 Investors
- H-2A and H-2B Workers
- Employment, Immigration, and Business Litigation
- Employment and Family-Based Green Cards
- Government Audits
Bar / Professional Activity
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Texas Chapter
- Member, California Farm Labor Contractors Association
- Members, Agricultural Personnel Management Association
- Member, Western Growers Association Agriculture Legal Network
Special Licenses / Certifications
- Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2009-Present.
- Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2015- Present.
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D. 2002
- University of Barcelona School of Law, Exchange in International Law 2001
- Emory University, B.A. Spanish 1999
- Super Lawyer, Texas Rising Stars, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 – Super Lawyers is a Thomson Reuters’ Service.