Family-Based Green Cards

Deason Law attorneys are frequently engaged to assist U.S. citizens to sponsor their spouses or other family members for permanent residency. The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) permits the change of an individual’s immigration status while in the United States from nonimmigrant or parolee (temporary) to immigrant (permanent) if the individual was inspected and admitted or paroled into the United States and is able to meet all required qualifications for a green card (permanent residence). On the other hand, an individual may directly immigrate as a permanent residence after applying for an immigrant visa at a U.S. Consulate abroad.