Immigration And Employment Solutions For Clients Across The Country
Dax B. Deason
- H-1B, TN, and L-1 International Transfers
- E-2 and EB-5 Investors
- H-2A and H-2B Workers
- Employment, Immigration, and Business Litigation
- Employment and Family-Based Green Cards
- Government Audits
Born in El Paso, Texas, Dax Deason is the founder and managing attorney of Deason Law, PC. Throughout his career, Mr. Deason has been dedicated to providing effective legal representation to U.S. companies, multinational corporations, investors, and individuals with their immigration, employment, and litigation matters. Mr. Deason’s primary practice area is devoted to corporate immigration and employment law, which typically involves helping companies to sponsor temporary and permanent work visas for key foreign nationals, defending companies during government regulatory audits, litigating administrative lawsuits before various labor and immigration agencies and assisting investors to launch new enterprises. He has also helped corporate clients to manage a high-volume of visa matters who operate in the information technology, outsourcing, food manufacturing, oil & gas, and life science industries. He also guides companies through the process of sponsoring permanent residency for professional employees, managers, skilled employees and foreign labor under the H-2A and H-2B visa programs. His Spanish fluency and familiarity with Latin American cultures provide an added benefit when representing clientele.
One of only a few immigration attorneys nationwide who has successfully assisted growers, farm labor contractors, and other agricultural companies to sponsor foreign H-2A workers from Mexico, Chile and Peru to meet seasonal harvesting demands.
Provides representation to employers during I-9 and other regulatory audits conducted by the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice.
Litigated largest Consent Decree to date under the Seamen’s Protection Act on behalf of a whistleblower.
Successfully presented I-601A waivers before the Department of Homeland Security to secure permanent residency on behalf of the spouses of U.S. citizen or permanent residents.
Assisted multinational companies to transfer E-2 and L-1 employees to the United States.
Litigated various immigration court matters, including cases involving asylum, cancellation of removal, 212h waivers, and other cases on behalf of foreign nationals who are placed into deportation proceedings.
Acted as co-counsel to defend agricultural company from EEOC lawsuit involving class claims of discrimination and retaliation.
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- J.D. - 2002
- University of Barcelona School of Law, Barcelona
- Exchange in International Law - 2001
- Emory University
- B.A. - 1999
- Major: Spanish
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- Super Lawyer, Texas Rising Stars, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 – Super Lawyers is a Thomson Reuters’ Service
Certified Legal Specialties
- Immigration and Nationality Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2009
- Labor and Employment Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2015
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Texas Chapter, Member
- California Farm Labor Contractors Association, Member
- Agricultural Personnel Management Association, Member
- Western Growers Association Agriculture Legal Network, Member
Current Employment Position
- Founder & Managing Attorney
- El Paso Federal Public Defender, Intern