Jessica Zarate is currently employed as a Paralegal who focuses her practice on family-based immigration and special relief program cases, such as DACA, U visas, TPS, adjustment of status, I-601A waivers and other similar immigration programs. She has experience working with immigrants from various cultures and countries in Latin America and Asia. Prior to joining Deason Law, Ms. Zarate developed several years of immigration law experience as a DOJ Accredited Representative, Paralegal and Victim Advocate with the non-profit agency Boat People SOS, Inc. During this time, she prepared immigration packets for U-Visa cases, 245(i) adjustment of status petitions, VAWA, I-751 Removal of Conditions, DACA and FOIA background checks..
- Preparation of DACA petitions and conducted outreach strategies relating to over 200 DACA applications.
- Preparation of 245(i) adjustment of status petitions to obtain permanent residency for clientele.
- Assists with in-person interpretations and document translations in Spanish.
- Preparation of TN visa applications on behalf of corporate clientele.
- Preparation of I-601A waiver petitions.
- Mexican Law Degree from the Autonomous University of San Luis Potosí – San Luis Potosi (2010).