Jessica Zarate is based in the Houston office as the firm’s Case Manager where she handles her own case docket and coordinates the activities of all other legal support staff. She focuses her practice on employment-based immigration, H-2A visas, TN visas, and PERM/I-140 permanent residency cases.
Prior to joining Deason Law, Ms. Zarate developed several years of immigration law experience as a DOJ Accredited Representative, Paralegal and Victim Advocate with the non-profit agency Boat People SOS, Inc. During this time, she prepared immigration packets for U-Visa cases, 245(i) adjustment of status petitions, VAWA, I-751 Removal of Conditions, DACA and FOIA background checks.
- Preparation of H-2A visa applications on behalf of agricultural labor.
- Preparation of DACA petitions, including conducting outreach strategies relating to over 200 DACA applications.
- Preparation of 245(i) adjustment of status petitions to obtain permanent residency for clientele.
- Preparation of TN and H-1B visa applications on behalf of corporate clientele.
- Preparation of I-601 waiver petitions.
- Mexican Law Degree from the Autonomous University of San Luis Potosí – San Luis Potosi (2010).
- Currently pursuing Master of Law in U.S. Law at the University of Houston.