A native of Baja California, Mexico, Maralba Montalvo is currently employed as a Paralegal. Ms. Montalvo currently handles the preparation of company work visas applications under the TN, E, L-1, H-1B, E-3 and other similar visa programs, family-based permanent residency petitions, and employment-based permanent residency petitions.
Prior to joining Deason Law, Ms. Montalvo gained several years of business and management experience. She was employed at the transportation company Transporex in Queretaro, Mexico where she was responsible for coordinating export shipments, identification of supply chain improvement opportunities and acting as a liaison between customers, carriers, operations and sales management. She was also recently selected to act as International Business Representative in Houston, Texas with the ProMexico Trade Commission. In this position, she was responsible for scouting business opportunities for Mexican companies in Texas, coordination of trademark registration and conducting market research analysis with emphasis on future potential distributors and principal competitors.
- Prepare TN visa applications for engineers and other professionals for presentation to the U.S. Consulates in Mexico.
- Preparation, organization, and submission of E-1 and E-2 visa applications on behalf of investors and import/export companies.
- Preparation of H-2A visa applications on behalf of agricultural workers from Mexico.
- Preparation of work permits, travel permits, and other similar benefit application for immigrant clientele.
- Preparation of DACA applications.
- Preparation of L-1A manager petitions on behalf of multinational managers.
- University of Guadalajara, B.A. International Studies, 2013
- University of Toulouse, France, International Law, 2012