Immigration And Employment Solutions For Clients Across The Country
Due to increased enforcement measures that are taken by the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Labor and the Department of Justice, it is more important than ever for employers to implement comprehensive, consistent and non-discriminatory hiring procedures with regard to their employees, including employees employed pursuant to immigration and visa programs.
Many companies are government targets simply because of their industry. Deason Law, PC assists clients with the increasingly complex landscape surrounding I-9 compliance, E-Verify participation, federal contractor rules, H-1B, H-2A, H-2B and L-1 visa compliance and compliance with anti-discrimination laws. We frequently provide internal audits to measure client compliance, provide training to Human Resources departments and help companies to develop policy. Our representative services include:
- Preparing your company for government audits from various agencies, such as ICE inspections and other immigration-related audits conducted by the Department of Labor and the DOJ Office of Immigrant and Employee Rights.
- Conducting internal I-9 and wage audits to ensure your company complies with the immigration and employment laws.
- Providing training to HR professionals and management with regard to a wide variety of topics.
- Evaluating compliance with visa petitions filed with the government and prevailing wage laws that apply to employment of foreign nationals.
- Representing companies during Department of Labor audits concerning compliance with the FLSA overtime provisions, the Migrant and Seasonal Worker Act (MSPA) and H-2A/H-2B visa compliance.
- Appealing unfavorable civil penalties and back wages.
- Helping employers to respond to Social Security No-Match letters.
- Representing you at any legal hearing about alleged violations.